How is your Dan-Wood house built?
This takes place at three locations: with you, in our factory in Poland, and on the site of your new Dan-Wood house.
- You browse our website and catalogues and decide which house design will best suit your lifestyle and budget. You should also decide if you prefer the Turn-key or the Client Completion option.
- Discuss your requirements with our Dan-Wood agent and architects who will answer any questions and discuss any modifications.
- You select your finishes, fixtures and fittings.
- We then give you a fixed price which remains for a 12-month period.
- Contracts are signed.
- You work with your Dan-Wood agent to progress all architectural, legal and financial arrangements.
- A completion date is confirmed.
In our factory:
- The architectural plans for your house are sent to our factory in Poland where structural engineers design and build each component of your house including the walls, floors and roof panels.
- The timber-frame components are precision-manufactured thanks to advanced digital software. Windows, doors, fire-resistant wall insulation, some service ducts and electrical connections are all installed at this time.
- The internal walls are either prepared for your own application of paint, wallpaper or tiles, or are finished according to your choices.
- Every component of the house is given a final quality-control inspection before it leaves the factory.
On the site of your new home:
- All house components and building materials are shipped to your site on special trucks, with a team of skilled tradesmen who are ready to start work.
- Massive cranes assemble individual elements of the house – typically the basic structure will be in place in one or two days. The house will be roofed and watertight within one to four days.
- Once construction is complete, a dedicated team begins work on the interior. This includes heating and electrical installations, fitting doors, decorating, flooring and tiling to your specified choices.
In eight to 12 weeks from the teams arriving on site
you’re able to move in!!